From the new dark mode to the ability to adjust portrait lighting and intensity in the Camera app, the new iOS 13 has features that most people find exciting. Installing the new update is important not just for the cool new features, but also because the update can have new security features that could be crucial for your device to run properly.
Like every other update before it, however, iOS 13 is not without its problems. Some users have encountered a slow or freezing update process and other have seem more serious bugs and flaws after the update that they want to downgrade. Apple does allow iOS users to downgrade to earlier versions of iOS and in this article, we will be addressing this issue and offering you various ways to downgrade iOS 13 without computer.
There are several things that you need to take into account if you want to downgrade iOS 13. They include the following:
• Ensure that you have a backup of all the data on your device before you begin the process. This is because an iOS downgrade will erase all the data on your device and a backup will help you get the data back in case something goes wrong.
• You must also have a backup of the data on the device when it ran iOS 12.4/iOS 12. This is because the new backup with iOS 13 will not be compatible with the device once the downgrade is complete.
• If you don’t have an iOS 12.4 backup, you may need assistance from data recovery tools to help you get your data.
• You must make the decision to downgrade quickly, since Apple will often stop signing previous versions of iOS soon after a new release.
The simple answer to this question is, “NO”. It is not possible to downgrade iOS 13 back to iOS 12.4 without using a computer. This is because the process requires the use of either iTunes or another similar program that you will need to install on to your computer. If anyone tells you that they can help you downgrade your iOS without a computer, you should be wary of them since any process they propose could damage your device.
If you are looking for the best way to downgrade to iOS 13 to iOS 12.4, you should consider using FoneGeek iOS System Recovery. This program is simple to use and has a 100% success rate. It is also useful for fixing all iOS related issues on your iPhone and iPad and it will help you downgrade your iOS without data loss. Some of its features include the following:
• It is a better alternative to iTunes since it is easy to use and offers more than iTunes in that it can help you fix some iOS problems
• The data on your device will not be affected by the process when you use this iOS System Recovery.
• It has a user-friendly interface that is very easy to use even for the beginner.
• It has a 30 day money-back guarantee and comes highly recommended by Macworld, Cult of Mac, Payetteforward and Makeuseof, etc.
Here’s how to use iOS System Recovery to downgrade iOS 13 without data loss:
Step 1: Install this program on to your computer and then launch the program. In the main window, click on “Repair” and then connect the iPhone to the computer.
Step 2: Click on “Start” to put the device in DFU mode so that this program can recognize the device. Once the program detects the device, you should see different versions of the iOS firmware in the next window. Click on the dropdown menu to select iOS 12.4 or any older iOS versions and then click “Start”.
Step 3: The program will immediately begin downloading the selected firmware and essentially downgrade your device from iOS 13 to iOS 12.4.
You can also use iTunes to downgrade iOS 13 although this method will result in data loss. Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: The first thing you want to do is turn off “Find My iPhone”. You will be prompted to turn off this feature when you wipe the data on the device. But it makes more sense to do it now to avoid problems later in the process.
Step 2: Now download the IPSW file of iOS 12.4 or older iOS version. A simple search online will lead you to a page where you can download the file. It is however important to ensure that you download from Apple servers to ensure the safety of your device.
Step 3: Connect the iPhone to the computer and open iTunes if it doesn’t open automatically. Unlock the iPhone and allow it to trust the computer. When prompted, click on “Install Update” to update the device.
Step 4. Now click on “Summary” and select “Restore Backup” to install the firmware we downloaded in step 2 above.
As we have seen, there is no way to downgrade iOS 13 without computer and the official (iTunes) solution will result in total data loss. The best way therefore to downgrade 13 to iOS 12.4/iOS 12 and still keep your data is to use FoneGeek iOS System Recovery.
By Edwin J. Parke
Posted on Aug 08, 2019, 21:58:38
As a professional writer who is interested in technology, Edwin J. Parke has helped thousands of users by offering various tips to solve their problems.